GECAC is looking for a person to play a key role in supervising and coordinating activities of casework staff providing services to clients who are in difficult situations. Ensures all casework activities are carried out and documented in line with agency and funding source guidelines.
This rewarding Program Director position is a full time position.
- Regularly meets with staff to provide review of case plans and technical assistance.
- Reviews case files on a monthly basis.
- Evaluates staff and recommends appropriate personnel actions.
- Performs direct supervisory and administrative social service functions.
- Directs, trains and supervises all project staff engaged in providing services.
- Responsible for the maintenance and up keep of all databases and related systems such as Housing, Utility, HMIS and HCS )
- Responsible for the intake and case management of financial literacy programs.
- Responsible for Housing and Rental assistance programs.
- Point of contact for County Assistance Office, Health and Human Services, Homeless Case Management, Red Cross, Community Shelter Services, clients, utility agencies and landlords to provide information and referrals.
- Interact and intercede disputes with clients.
- Schedule regular meetings with service providers/program staff/community resources to set priorities and goals for joint programming.
- Responsible for overseeing and monitoring sub-contracts with contracted service providers, both fiscal and programmatic, ensuring that programs meet contracted guidelines.
- Prepare written and statistical reports as required or assigned.
- Monitor decisions of caseworkers as to client eligibility.
- Represent programming to community.
- Responsible for writing grant renewal applications and for development of new grant applications
- Responsible for funding source monitoring and auditing data collection and preparation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Family and Child studies, Psychology or related field. Master's degree is preferred.
- Must have 3 - 5 years of experience in supervision of program personnel. Experience in case management preferred.
- HUD certified or willing to pursue certification.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good assessment skills and knowledge of community resources and funding source regulations needed.
- Knowledge of financial literacy and initiatives. Knowledgeable of tax preparation & laws.
Must possess knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Microsoft Teams. The ability to operate a computer in the latest version of Windows is essential. Familiarity with Zoom, PDF editing software, as well as experience effectively working remotely are desired. Must have enough knowledge to successfully complete the technical skills of the position.
Follows Child Protective Services Law: Must be able to provide Act 33, Act 34 and Act 114 clearances issued within the past 5 years (60 months) and meet the Immigration Reform Act requirements. Updated clearances must be submitted every 60 months. Must have access to private automobile and valid PA driver's license. Required to have appropriate auto insurance as required by the agency.
Benefit Package including 403(b) Plan (company match), Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance. Flexible Spending Account, AFLAC and Short & Long Term Disability. Paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal and Sick time. We understand that there is more to life than work.
Salary: $39,429.00 – 45,981.00 depending on experience.
Deadline to Apply: August 12th, 2022 or until filled.
Apply online at gecac.org. Click on CAREERS scroll down to bottom of page and Click APPLY TODAY.