GECAC accepts applications for tuition assistance scholarships from January to April of each year. Due to COVID-19, the deadline has been extended to May 15, 2020.
Students attending private elementary, middle and high schools in Erie County, for which paying tuition is a requirement for attendance, are eligible. Scholarships are made possible through the Educational Improvement Tax Credit and the Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit. These programs provide tax credits to eligible businesses that contribute to an approved scholarship organization. GECAC is approved by the State Department of Community and Economic Development as a scholarship organization. Thank you to all of the local businesses that donated through this program! Priority will be given to families in the following order:
- applicants who received a scholarship during the previous year
- household income level based on federal poverty guidelines
- date of application
- If a tie exists, a lottery will occur.
- The family must be a resident of Erie County, PA
- The student must be attending a public or private elementary or secondary school in Erie County, PA for which paying tuition is a requirement of attendance.
- The age of the student ranges from the earliest admission age for a school's kindergarten program through the age attained upon graduation from secondary school or 21 years of age, whichever occurs first.
- Income Guidelines: Annual household income of $90,000 with an additional $15,842 allowed for the student and each additional dependent (as defined by the IRS) living in the household.
- All completed applications must be received by May 15, 2020.