The preferred candidate will not only know the essential and critical value of direct care, but also the dedication to share the highly rewarding satisfaction of helping others. The Project Director will assist those who wish to become direct care workers, but need help overcoming barriers to employment.
Full-Time Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (7.5 hours daily)
GECAC is the largest anti-poverty organization in Erie County, PA. With a budget of approximately $20 million and more than 110 staff, we help people and change lives on a daily basis. GECAC helps people throughout Erie County break the cycle of poverty, be self-sufficient and achieve financial independence. We're looking for a great professional with knowledge of caregiving, perhaps a background in career development and who shares our passion and wants to be part of our dedicated team! This full-time Project Director position performs a variety of duties requiring travel throughout NW PA, working with fellow career development professionals and job seekers in those areas.
AS OUR PERFECT MATCH, YOU:
- Will be able to follow established standard procedures in the following areas:
- Provide enthusiastic education and awareness about essential work of caregivers,
- Help guide potential Direct Care Workers (DCW) learn new skills and experience and overcome barriers to employment and cost drivers using the resources and knowledge of several Area Agencies on Aging and other networks.
- Coaching and supporting those workers as they advance their career through the healthcare field and provide incentives to meet goals.
- Provide the necessary support to assist DCW through the challenges of caregiving and provide employment and skill training, while also giving support and resources.
- Facilitate the cooperation of providers, educators, career development and other professionals, across multiple counties in NW PA to successfully recruit and train DCW.
- Establish and periodically reassess goals to meet challenges and find solutions.
YOUR HISTORY LIKELY SHOWS:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in sociology, social work/social welfare, psychology, gerontology, or any other of the behavioral sciences. At least 4 years' experience preferred. Qualifying experience would include direct caregiving (formal or informal), recruiting, training, job coaching, career counseling, coordinating multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point) and Microsoft Teams. The ability to operate a computer in a Windows environment is essential. Familiarity with Zoom, PDF editing software, as well as experience effectively working remotely are desired. Enough knowledge to successfully complete the technical skills of the position.
Budgeted range $39,097.50 - $53,761.50, depending on experience/knowledge.
Benefit Package including 403(b) Plan (company match), Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability. Paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal & Sick time. We understand that there is more to life than work.
Act 33, 34, & FBI clearances issued within the past year is a requirement before hiring and must meet Immigration Law Requirements. Must have a valid PA driver's license w/ full-time access to private automobile & auto insurance as required by the Agency.
Apply online at gecac.org click on CAREERS – scroll down to bottom of page and click on "APPLY TODAY"
DEADLINE: 8/12/2022 or until filled