GECAC is looking for an experienced caseworker to provide customer service to and serve as the primary contact for prospective and current applicants for the Housing Assistance Program.
This rewarding Intake Caseworker position is full time at 37.5 hours per week.
- Responsible for fielding all incoming housing calls and entering client data into data management system.
- Assist with collecting information and processing applications and maintaining all records and client files.
- Knowledgeable of resources in the community to make referrals to appropriate support services preferred.
- Monitor supplies, and submit purchase orders and vendor invoices for payment through the finance department.
- High school education or GED and at least three (3) years' of administrative experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Knowledge of various Social Services Programs offered in the community is preferred. Must be able to work with diverse populations. Good verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills required.
- Must possess knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Microsoft Teams. The ability to operate a computer in the latest version of Windows is essential. Familiarity with Zoom, PDF editing software, as well as experience effectively working remotely are desired. Must have enough knowledge to successfully complete the technical skills of the position.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge and skills in customer service, program support and clerical/data management skills.
Follows Child Protective Services Law: Must be able to provide Act 33, Act 34 and Act 114 fingerprinting clearances issued within the past 5 years (60 months) and meet the Immigration Reform Act requirements. Updated clearances must be submitted every 60 months.
Benefit Package including 403(b) Plan (company match), Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance. Flexible Spending Account, AFLAC and Short & Long Term Disability. Paid Holidays, Vacation, Personal and Sick time. We understand that there is more to life than work.
Salary: $16.03/hour Deadline to Apply: August 12th, 2022 or until filled.
Apply online at gecac.org. Click on CAREERS scroll down to bottom of page and Click APPLY TODAY.