Qualified applicants will provide direct service to consumers with the daily congregate meal; keep daily records of service activity, including assisting the Center Director with daily programs including the facilitation of group activities; or answer inquiries regarding local resources.
Duties may include: daily activities with senior center participants; providing general counseling; and making referrals. Must have good communication and outreach skills and have knowledge of community resources. Also must have the ability to document and maintain client records and complete monthly reports in line with established procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience working with seniors and/or Human Services preferred
- Ability to work cooperatively with others. Basic knowledge of record keeping and office procedures
- Proficient in the use of the computer and must possess knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and Microsoft Teams
- Ability to operate a computer in a Windows environment is essential
Must meet Immigration Law requirements and provide Act 33 & 34 Clearances issued within the past year. (FBI check is required for those applicants who have not lived in PA for the past two years.)
Interested applicants apply online at https://www.gecac.org/about/careers . Scroll down to bottom of page and click on APPLY TODAY. Deadline to apply: until filled.
Pay: $14.92 per hour