GECAC helps people throughout Erie County break the cycle of poverty, be self-sufficient and achieve financial independence. We're looking for great people with an accounting background who share our passion and want to be part of our team! This full-time Accountant position performs a variety of fiscal accounting duties requiring moderate exercise of initiative and judgment.
AS OUR PERFECT MATCH, YOU WILL:
- Have experience in Accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, cash management, and other related general accounting/financial areas
- Verify and enter details of transactions to accounts and cash journals from source documentation
- Monitor checking accounts to ensure cash is available for invoices needing to be paid
- Review accuracy of monthly financial statements for individual programs and makes sure they are balanced
- Reconcile agency bank statements as assigned
- Prepare internal and external reports as assigned
- Prepare interagency billing based on established cost allocation policies
- Maintain Agency inventory records and conducts physical inventory as assigned
YOUR HISTORY LIKELY SHOWS:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- 1 to 3 years of related experience is preferred
- Detail oriented and Excel experience preferred
Act 34 clearance is a requirement prior to hiring and meeting Immigration Law Requirements.
Monday-Friday with working hours of 8:30AM – 4:30PM.
The hiring pay range for the position is $15.04/hour to $22.00/hour based on related experience.
Benefit Package including 401(k) Plan (with company match), Medical, Dental, Vision and Group Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability and we understand that there is more to life than work.
LET'S TALK - START THE CONVERSATION:
Please go to gecac.org (Careers) – scroll down to bottom of page and click on "Apply today" to fill out the online application.