Join our team! The R. Benjamin Wiley Central City Senior Center, in downtown Erie, is looking for a special person to support seniors 60+ and provide activities that are fun, cultural, educational, and social.
This rewarding Assistant position is part-time, Tuesday - Friday 9:00 a.m. -1:30 p.m.
Qualified applicants will provide direct service to consumers with the daily congregate meal; keep daily records of service activity, including assisting the Center Director with daily programs including the facilitation of group activities; or answer inquiries regarding local resources.
Duties may include: daily activities with senior center participants; providing general counseling, and making referrals. Must have good communication and outreach skills and knowledge of community resources. Also must be able to document and maintain client records and complete monthly reports per established procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience working with seniors and/or Human Services preferred
- Ability to work cooperatively with others. Basic knowledge of record-keeping and office procedures
- Proficient in the use of the computer and must possess knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Teams
- The ability to operate a computer in a Windows environment is essential
Must meet Immigration Law requirements and provide Act 33 & 34 Clearances issued within the past year. (FBI check is required for those applicants who have not lived in PA for the past two years.)
Interested candidates, please fill out the online application at gecac.org. Click on CAREERS scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on APPLY TODAY.
DEADLINE: Until filled
Pay: $14.92 per hour
Masks are encouraged but not required.